Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Missionary Fun


Hello Family!

Kamusta kamo tanan? Palangga ko kamo! Sooooo, this week was General Conference for us here in the Philippines. We went to the Stake Center and watched it and learned sooo much. I love conference. What were your favorite talks? What did you learn? I noticed there was a recurring theme of how important it is to study the gospel, Enduring to the End, and making and keeping our sacred covenants. My favorite quote from conference: "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." from Pres. Uchtdorf. That is a key to conversion for me, not letting doubtful questions shake what you know is true.

One highlight for me was that Mae and two of her neighbors, Salving and Melan, came to Conference for the Sunday morning session. Yayyyy!!! 3 investigators came! Mae is being a total missionary. 

In other news, Rose had her baby on October 10. Her name is Hannah Marti. Marti is short for the dad's name, Martin. We haven't met her yet, but we are planning to go teach Rose on Wednesday. Excited ako! We haven't seen Rose since last Sunday since she needed to have the baby and recover and all, but I am looking forward to seeing how she is doing and how having this little piece of heaven in her life will help motivate her to take the steps to have an eternal family. 

One of our branch missionaries, Sister  Lim left for the MTC on Friday. I am so excited for her to serve. Yay! 

We started teaching Jonas V (a less active member) and his family last week, and now this week we were able to get his 3 teenage kids start investigating. They all want to be baptized, but the mom is Catholic and doesn't approve, so that is going to be a little challenge. We are hoping to be able to teach her too. 

So...here's the rumor. I might transfer. Oh boy. Even though I would not finish training Sister Nonu, it might happen. Crazier has happened before. President keeps dropping hints to us that we need to be ready. Plus out of the 6 of us in Oton Branch (4 sisters, 2 elders) I have been here in Oton the longest. "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, I'll do what you want me to do." We'll see. Stay tuned. hahaha

I hope conference motivated all of you to do your part in missionary work. I can't remember his name, the member of the 70 that kept yelling about exclamation points, anyway, his simple personal mission plan that he outlined was genius. Satan wants us to think missionary work is so much more hard and scary and complicated than it really is. Missionary work is just so many simple things. Praying for Missionary opportunities. Meeting the full-time missionaries who have stewardship over your area. Making a new friend. Sharing your testimony of the truth that you have been blessed with. Inviting people to join in fun, gospel-centered activities.  Simple as that. And by those small things, you can help change someone's life for eternity. I love the gospel so much and I love this opportunity to share it with this little slice of the world. God's plan is so much greater than I can even grasp and I know He does not forget any of His children. He knows you, He is aware of you, and He knows perfectly how to meet your individual needs. I have experienced this for myself so many times. Just like the apostles testified of in conference, God's love is just always there no matter what. Feel it for yourself and share it with others. 

I love you all so much. I hope you all grow closer to Christ each day. If something is holding you back, start now to change it. Don't delay. Have a wonderful day! Enjoy that beautiful Utah weather. Yay...Autumn! You lucky ducks! ;) Palangga ko kamo nga walay katapusan! I love you all forever! 

Love, Sister Winward

No comments:

Post a Comment