Monday, October 7, 2013

I Love General Conference!

Hey Family!! 

How are all of you? I am doing great! I looove being a missionary. Seriously. I am so blessed to be able to experience the Lord's greatest work, 24/7 for 18 Months. I can't even believe it has been 5 months already. Whoa. Time flies when you're having fun. Missionary fun. The really crazy thing, is that just one year ago the missionary age change announcement was made. That was only a year ago? So much has happened. It's funny how I thought I had the next few years of my life figured out and planned, and the Lord gave me something so much better that I never ever would have imagined possible. But now I am here! I am so grateful for the incredible blessings I have experienced every single day of the last year. What a journey! 

Fun fact about life in the Philippines: Church and everything in it is done in English (or Ilonggish at least, not everyone is good at English.) So, General Conference is in English and all the manuals and everything else is English. The pamphlets we use are Tagalog, and we teach in Hiligaynon, but the other stuff is all in English. 

It has been a good week. We did STL exchanges on Saturday, so I was with Sister Pologa in my area for the day, it was so fun. It is always a great opportunity to learn from a way more experienced missionary. Two awesome things happened this week...Rose came to church! Woohoo! She is ready to have her baby any day now, I was honestly surprised to see her there, but she came! She has awesome faith. Just goes to show, no one else should have any excuses. The other thing is that we finally were able to contact Jonas, a less active member. We've tried their house a few times, but he hasn't been home, but Saturday he was. And his daughter too. He is the only member in his family, so I am excited to help the rest of his family join the church too! He is great, no vices and no real reasons to not come to church, he is just shy because he has been inactive for however many years. So we get to help him endure to the end! Yeah! He's even still reading his Book of Mormon and praying. He just needs to come to church! It really takes a lot of courage for less actives to come back. That is why it is so important to be a friend to them! So, the awesome is that one of his daughters was there, a 13-year-old named M., and she accepted a baptism goal date. Yeah! Nov. 9. Hopefully I won't get transferred before then. 


I love you all sooo much! Thanks for all your prayers, love, and support. I know life has so many challenges, but I just hope you all remember the promise in 2 Nephi 31:20. Press forward and you will have so many blessings in this life and eternal life in the next. Keep the Faith. 

Love, Sister Winward

       

No comments:

Post a Comment