Sunday, May 4, 2014

Too much Awesome to handle

Dear Family, 

How are you all this fine day? I'm doing great. It has been sooo hot here. Like in the 90s all week. I'm dying. I'm told every day "Nagabalhas ka, Sister!" You're sweating! haha. Also, this week was fiesta week in our neighborhood. What this means for us is that Babylonian music was BLASTING all week long. Literally shook the walls of our apartment. So loud. All week. I'm pretty sure speakers that loud are illegal in America. But, ayos lang, the final day was Saturday, music blasted til 3 in the morning. And now it is over. Hallelujah! Honestly, more ridiculously funny than frustrating. 

For some more funnies:
That awkward moment when TOO MANY members want to work with you in a day. Like 4 or 5 of them. YES!!! 
That awkward moment when your companion tells you to take off your glasses so she can show everyone how she thinks you look just like "Mama Mary." :P 
That awkward moment when the Filipinas in your apartment weigh themselves and are upset because they lost a few kilos. haha. 
And some tender mercies: 
That awesome moment when you get a free taxi ride from a far part of your area all the way home, just because the driver was on his way to Jaro anyway. Thanks, Bert!
That awesome moment when you are in the same far part of your area, desperate (again) for a ride home, and the Stake President and his family just happen to roll up in their truck. Answered prayer. 

There is too much awesome and not enough time. I love Leganes (again). We had a great ward council yesterday. The members are working with us everyday. I've never had more member present lessons or more referrals in my whole mission than this week. In Sacrament and then in Ward Council yesterday, Bishop Democrito announced the vision that they have for the ward to become one ward and two branches within the next two years. Then he invited the auxiliary leaders to set goals and do action to make that vision happen. There is so much unity, so much great work to do, and so much excitement for missionary work. I love it. The church was full to the brim yesterday. The Elders had to get up three times to add more chairs. And the deacons had to get their sacrament trays refilled. It was awesome. 

The recent converts here are doing great. Yesterday, Norman and Renren were called to be the YM President and 1st counselor. They are recent converts of just the last few months. I am so excited that they are being trusted with those callings, and I know they will do great! Rafael, Zharra, Norman, Lito, Mareta, Kim, Elijah, Ana, Renren...these are just a few of the awesome members that I love so much already. They are great. 

We found this cool girl named Jerica. Jeferson is still cool, praying hard for an answer. We contacted some LA families and referrals and found some awesome investigators that way. Thursday was cool. We worked with the WML, Rafael, and he was able to administer priesthood blessings to our investigator family that was sick. And later the bishop and stake president blessed a sick LA sister in our area. I am so grateful for the priesthood and for worthy men ready to exercise it. We're still figuring out which investigators we will focus on so we can help them to be baptized. And guess what! Before, the highest number of baptisms our mission had reached was about 65. The last few months it has steadily progressed. There were 71 in March. And I'm 99.9% sure that we reached our mission goal of 100 baptisms in April. I"ll find out for sure tomorrow. Yay! We're like the PIM recovery team. haha. :) 

I learned this week that faith and a positive attitude are really like the same thing. I also learned that faith really can move or build mountains, it just takes time, diligence, patience, and perseverance. I am so thankful for my Savior and for all the things I have learned as I am trying to be like him. I am learning to turn the other cheek. I have learned that when you want others to change, you need to look inward and reach outward. We have a much greater capacity to love and to serve than we think we do. We have to be the change we wish to see in the world. I have seen that happen literally in the last few weeks. I have also seen what happens when Christ is not the focus as we make goals and plans. It is ugly and there is no unity. Blaming others is the opposite of progress.Christlike Service and charity are the keys to progress. That is why Leganes is on fire!!!! Yeah! 

I love you all. I know Christ lives and He will support us and push us forward as we strive to become like Him. Halong pirmi! 

Love, Sister Winward

No comments:

Post a Comment